Friday, December 29, 2006

New Tyres

Ahh one of my tyres (left rear) was damaged, it had a slash in the sidewall and was constantly going flat from it. Not sure how it happened, if it was sabotage or something..
Anyway after driving around on those tyres for a while afterwards, I noticed I was not getting the cornering performance I used to get, and that I couldn't keep up with the boys on our slow Sunday drives along twisty roads lol.

Here is part of the reason why.. from what I could see the tread on the tyres was still okay, but after looking at the inside of each tyre I realised they were almost bald.





So I went out and bought new tyres which have just been fitted for a day. Out with the old: Falken Ziex ZE-512 In with the new: Hankook Ventus RS2 Z212


Everytime I look at the tyre now I drool at how sexy the tread pattern is lol. They handle brilliantly too, have already noticed that the cornering capabilities are beyond what I ever had with the Falkens. Have to still see how they perform in the wet, but I believe they will be fine. Damn tyres cost an arm and a leg I'm more broke than ever.

No comments: